Saturday, December 24, 2011

Belated end of day 24


We have reached day 25! But not much has happened yet today so we will focus on day 24. Treble went and spent some time with his mom and littermates. He really liked it, but he was a LOT smaller than them. When they were born they were all around the same size. He also hadn't had any weight gain in about a week. So we adjusted his formula some to add more fat. Before we used 5 oz condensed goats milk and added 5 oz water, then 1 cup whole fat yogurt, a teaspoon of caro syrup and an egg yolk. This time we added 10 oz condensed goats milk, 4 oz liver water, 1 cup whole fat yogurt, 1 tablespoon mayonaise, a teaspoon of caro syrup and an egg yolk. I made up the formula last night and fed him every 45 minutes or so until I went to bed. He had been just barely flashing 5 5/8 all day but when I went to bed he was holding a steady 5 5/8. I slept through one of my alarms last night though and so he went almost 5 hours in between feedings, he seems to have handled the deprivation pretty well.... I've got to try to not do that again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can't believe he is so much smaller than Peanut!! Little Treble is so cute though ;) can't wait to see him if you bring him today!!

    ReplyDelete